“My purpose is to visually connect the human mind, nature and the Universe; because they are the same thing, and most of our problems arise from thinking they are not.”
Anton Dymtchenko was born in 1993 in Rostov-on-Don, Russia. He immigrated to Montreal, Canada with his mother when he was 4 years old. At the age of ten, he began to attend courses by Valery Posohov, a drawing teacher from Ukraine, who studied at the Kiev Academy during the Soviet Era. He soon became his first private student and developed a passion for naturalistic drawing and painting. That passion led him to enroll in the Florence Academy of Art, where he has studied from 2012 to 2016. In the summer of 2016, he was commissioned his first big project after the end of his studies : the illustration of seven panels for the Emperor’s Throne in the Chinese Garden at the Montreal Botanical Garden for the Magic of the Lanterns event. In January of 2017, he began teaching at the Académie des Beaux-arts de Québec in Québec city. A year later, he left his position to work, by himself, on a personal style of painting outside the boundaries of academism. Anton has works in private collections in Canada and the United States.
- Ninkasi Exhibition, 811 Rue Saint-Jean, Québec, Canada, 2018.(duo)
- The Florence Academy of Art Auction Fundraiser, Drawing to the masters, Columbus Circle, New York, USA (group)
- OPEN STUDIO in via Luna, Florence, Italy, 2016. (solo)
- FAA Student Show, Florence, Italy, 2014. (group)
- Represent, 20th Century Theater, London, England, 2014.(group)
- Drawing teacher at the Académie des Beaux-arts de Québec (2017)
- Portrait Artist in the historic center of Québec city (2017)
- Illustration contract for the “Emperor’s Throne” project at the Montreal Botanical Garden (2016)
- Freelance Painter (2008- )
- Illustrator for StoneSoup magazine (2005-2007)
Lectures/ Public-speaking Engagements:
- Staff Lecture”, Florence Academy of Art, Florence, Italy, 2016.
- “Painting Winter”, Lecture, Florence Academy of Art, Florence, Italy, 2015.
- The Florence Academy of Art, Drawing & Painting Program (2012-2016)
- Cégep du Vieux-Montréal, Fine Arts Program (2010-2012)
- Academic Drawing
- Academic Oil Painting
- Artistic Anatomy/ Écorché sculpting
- Pictorial composition